The STREAMS Architecture provides the platform for the integration of many road-based ITS applications – Traffic Signal Management, Motorway Management, Incident Management, Passenger Information and Driver Information.
Its modularity lets you build your individual system from open, scalable, flexible and secure components.
- The software services separable modules that you can upgrade without change to other components;
- You can ‘plug in’ alternative algorithms as and when you need them, even during run time;
- You can incorporate new technology standards as they evolve, with minimal effort;
- Systems can start with a single application, or as many as you required. It is easy to add and remove applications;
- Systems can scale from small towns to large regions;
- It is easy to interface STREAMS with existing and legacy systems, giving the control you need to manage systems development.
Each module (called a service) relates to a separate traffic management task or group of tasks. The grouping is intuitive and modules include everything you will need to perform the related task. Each service can operate with or independently of others.
The hardware architecture is distributed and PC based. The servers run Microsoft Windows Server, the workstations run Microsoft Windows, and the Field Processors (Industrial PCs) use Linux.
Simply contact the Transmax Sales team for more information.