Transmax’s experienced service team can be deployed throughout Australia and worldwide to provide independent, expert advice on the most cost-effective approach to meet your business outcomes. Combining our knowledge with collective industry innovation results in solutions that are grounded in industry best practice.
Our service team will work with you to:
- Develop concept-of-operations and business requirements based on target outcomes
- Facilitate ITS technology workshops
- Undertake feasibility and proof-of-concept studies to validate concepts and outcomes
- Provide ITS policy advice, strategy and standards development
- Undertake ITS research, whitepapers and case study development.
Transmax provided optimisation services to design and deliver improvements to the Bruce Highway, a major motorway entering Brisbane.
The project involved adding sophisticated motorway optimisation algorithms (ALINEA/HERO) to onramp metering to managing the growing congestion problems.
The results of this project, as reported by the ARRB Group provided:
REDUCTION IN EXCESSIVE DELAY
REDUCTION IN TYPICAL WEEKDAY CONGESTION COST
REDUCTION IN AM PEAK CONGESTION
Transmax provided Main Roads Western Australia (MRWA) consulting services to leverage existing ITS investments, including:
- Enhancing awareness at critical sites to monitor pump stations, selected motorway interchanges and known accident black spots.
- Configuring and training delivery of response plans to expedite and automate transport management centre (TMC) responses to common types of incidents
- Providing guidance on TMC business processes and transport network management.
- This resulted in improvements for the TMC.
- Improved situational awareness and decision support for TMC
Cairns CBD was suffering from traffic congestion, long queues and jaywalking pedestrians due to long pedestrian wait times at controlled intersections.
Transmax was engaged to study the problem, specify requirements, then scope and deliver the improvements to improve traffic signal coordination.
The project delivered improved coordination plans which were tested and found to provide the following benefits.
INTERSECTIONS WERE COORDINATED
PEDESTRIAN WAIT TIME REDUCED BY
PEAK TRAVEL TIME REDUCED BY