This service involves traffic engineers examining a group of intersections with the aim of ensuring that a platoon of vehicles is able to move efficiently through the intersections with the minimal amount of delay. Our traffic engineers can coordinate multiple intersections to optimise the flow of traffic through an intersection group.
Our team has direct access to and experience with STREAMS, the traffic management control system used by road agencies right across Australia and the system which coordinates the majority of Queensland’s traffic signals.
To date, we have generated hundreds of personalities for road agencies, councils, developers and construction contractors, which are the fundamental building block to the efficient operation of a traffic signal. We can provide a complete network optimisation solution to support the achievement of a customer’s desired outcomes.
Network optimisation services could include:
- Collecting data from STREAMS and/or manual counts
- Analysing patterns with each movement at an intersection level
- Looking at data from different times to set-up a Time of Day (ToD) schedule
- Creating a plan for each ToD schedule for each intersection to maximise efficiency
Creating traffic signal timing plans that match the prevailing traffic conditions and with the road authority’s permission, configure the plans in STREAMS and then test the plans on site to ensure they work as intended
- Conducting pre and post review analysis and assisting with the installation of the monitoring equipment to ensure that measurable results are obtained from the optimisation of the network
- Inputting a test day of the configured plans that only runs once and observe the operations (preferably on-site) to determine their performance
- Making slight alterations to traffic as we observe it on test day
- Reviewing data to confirm improvements.