STREAMS Business Intelligence (BI) is designed to deliver timely, accurate, aggregated historical information to produce a range of business intelligence reporting tools for a variety of users. STREAMS BI assists these users to make decisions around road safety, environmental impacts, and network performance, for example. STREAMS BI complements any existing or future STREAMS system.
STREAMS BI allows users to easily analyse road network data from multiple data sources including STREAMS real-time information and historical data warehouse information. The provision of strategic transport intelligence and network insights and foresights to managers allows them to make more accurate decisions when managing road networks.
STREAMS BI aims to provide valuable transport and traffic information to people beyond the traffic management centre. STREAMS BI simplifies the way intelligent transport and traffic information is viewed and shared. The type of information and how it is presented through STREAMS BI enables decision makers to analyse problem areas and efficiently establish action plans for strategic hot spots.
STREAMS BI provides access to reliable traffic and device data that can provide benefits including:
- Reducing whole-of-life costs of asset maintenance and reporting
- Optimising traffic networks based on real data
- Providing supporting information regarding the key factors that will make the most significant difference to a traffic network
- Enhancing knowledge-sharing across the organisation and between stakeholders
- Using learnings from history to improve processes
- Predicting future performance based on network trends.
The greatest benefit to customers of having access to multiple sources of data and information via a central portal is the long-term value that will be achieved from making more informed, strategic transport network decisions.
STREAMS BI offers key capabilities including:
- Dashboards – high-level, single-page overviews of a transport network that can show key data at a single glance
- Whole-of-network KPI reporting – reports that cover the entire road network for all available historical data (which may cover several years) to allow KPIs to be tracked over time
- Technical reporting – fine-grained reports with dozens of data measurements for small regions or even specific intersections or detectors
- Ad-hoc analysis – users can connect directly to the STREAMS BI cube using a tool of their choice (for example, Microsoft Excel) to perform highly flexible data analysis on an as-needed basis
- Data exports – the capability to export archived data to other external systems for use in analysis or processing operations in those systems
- Adaptability – the software provides a platform that is extensible so that specific datasets can be integrated and new reports created to suit customer needs.